Ava does soccer and fitness training. She practices her soccer skills just about every single day for about four hours. She trains whether it’s rain or shine, outdoor and indoor.
- Passing – one touch, trap then pass (2 touches), pass turns (receive the ball, rotate around it on the spot, then pass), etc
- Free kicks
- Shooting while receiving a pass from different sides/angles
- Dribbling through cones with inside/outside of the foot
- Juggling – feet, knee & combination (527 is the record 04/20/2020).
- Footwork – The Ronaldo Chop, Cruyff, Step-Over, Scoops, Scissors, Sling Shot, Boomerang, Puskas, etc
- Headers (with slightly deflated ball).
- Trapping with the body ie: chest, knee, foot
- Fakes & Cuts
- Toe touches – taps, zaps, triangle, push-pull, sole rolls, etc
- Positional awareness
- Speed and agility with cones
- Freestyle – Around the World, Foot Stalls, Headers
- Resistance band exercises
- Strengthening Yoga
- Various arm lifts/curls with 5-10lb dumbells
Soccer training isn’t just about doing drills and scrimmaging, however. Ava and Soccer Dad Oz sometimes watch video footage of her practices/games so they learn where she needs improvement and where to make changes. They also spend time watching videos of other soccer players – for motivation, inspiration, and new training ideas.
Ava’s story is just beginning. Follow her journey – she has an amazing future ahead.