*This information will be updated as Ava starts training again after her soft tissue injury from mid-June, 2020.
Ava does soccer and fitness training. She practices her soccer skills just about every single day for up to two hours. She trains whether it’s rain or shine, outdoor and indoor.
- Passing – one touch, trap then pass (2 touches), pass turns (receive the ball, rotate around it on the spot, then pass), etc.
- Free kicks
- Shooting while receiving a pass.
- Dribbling through cones with inside/outside of the foot.
- Juggling – feet, knee & combination (527 is the record 04/20/2020).
- Footwork – The Ronaldo Chop, Cruyff, Step-Over, Scoops, Scissors, Sling Shot, Boomerang, etc.
- Headers (with smaller, slightly deflated ball).
- Trapping with the body ie: chest, knee, foot.
- Fakes & Cuts.
- Toe touches – taps, zaps, triangle, push-pull, sole rolls, etc.
- Positional awareness.
- Speed and agility with cones.
- Various arm lifts/curls with 5-8lb dumbells.
- Chin-ups/Pull-ups – She can do 7 of each.
- Push-ups – 3 sets of 5.
- Squats with 10lbs.
- Crunches – 3 sets of 20.
- Leg raises
Soccer training isn’t just about doing drills and scrimmaging, however. Ava and Soccer Dad Oz sometimes watch video footage of her practices/games so they learn where she needs improvement and where to make changes. They also spend time watching videos of other soccer players – for motivation, inspiration, and new training ideas.
Ava’s story is just beginning. Follow her journey – she has an amazing future ahead.